Peace of Mind

Contact us today!

New Haven Modification Lawyer

After a divorce, it is possible to modify alimony, support and custody and parenting plans that were part of the original divorce decree, but in order to do so, you must demonstrate a substantial change in circumstances since the entry of the order. Attorney Nancy Noyes has 30 years of experience in family law, and can assist with post-divorce modifications.

Milford Post-Divorce Modifications Attorney

Child custody, child support, visitation and alimony agreements can be modified post-divorce.

Child Custody

Changes can be made to a child custody agreement if there has been a substantial change in circumstances or if the current custody arrangement is no longer in the best interests of the children. Often, the need to modify a child custody agreement arises when one parent wishes to move away. Parents cannot move with the children out of the state without first modifying the child custody agreement. If you or your ex-spouse plans to move away, contact an attorney as soon as possible.

Child Support And Spousal Maintenance

In order to modify a child support order, the party seeking the modification must show a substantial change of circumstances. Similarly, a substantial change in circumstances must be shown in order to change a modifiable alimony order.

Contempt Of Court

If your ex-spouse is not abiding by the original orders, for example, by withholding child support payments or refusing to allow you to see the children, it is possible to bring him or her back to court. Attorney Noyes will take forceful action to enforce the orders agreed upon in the original decree.

Contact The Law Office of Nancy A. Noyes, LLC

Contact Attorney Noyes at her office in New Haven, Connecticut, by calling 800-216-2087.

Contact Nancy Today!